Disclosure: We may earn commissions if you purchase products after clicking on a link from our site.
If you’re a bow hunter, then you know how important it is to sight in your bow properly. A well-sighted bow can make the difference between a successful hunt and an unsuccessful one. In this article, we will walk you through the process of sighting in your compound bow. We’ll provide tips on how to sight in a compound bow correctly.
There are a few different methods that can be used to sight in a compound bow. In this article, we will discuss the paper target and the 3-dot methods.
Table of Contents
How To Sight In A Compound Bow
A. The Paper Target Method
- Make sure that your bow is unstrung.
2. Set up your target so that it is at a distance of 20 yards. If you do not have a 20-yard range, you can use the 30-yard mark on a standard archery target.
3. Next, take your stance so that you are perpendicular to the target, with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Draw the string back to your anchor point, making sure that the arrow is lined up with the center of the bow.
4. Now, take a deep breath and slowly release the arrow. Try to keep your hand steady as you release the string. If your arrow hits the target, congratulations! You have successfully sighted in your compound bow.
5. You will also need an armguard to protect your forearm from the string, as well as a finger tab or glove to protect your fingers. You will also need a target and arrows.
B. The 3-Dot Method
1. Start by shooting an arrow at a target 20 yards away.
2. If the shot is high, move the top dot down.
3. If the shot is low, move the bottom dot up.
4. If the shot is to the right, move the right dot to the left.
5. Lastly, if the shot is to the left, move the left dot to the right.
6. After making the necessary adjustments, shoot another arrow at the target.
7. Repeat this process until you are satisfied with your accuracy.
The Bottom Line
How to sight in a compound bow is very important as it ensures that you will hit your target. It can be a little daunting to sight in a compound bow if it is your first time doing it.
However, with a little practice, you can gain confidence in how to sight a compound bow. If you know how to sight in a scope, then you will find it easier to learn how to sight in a compound bow. You can also learn how to sight in a scope from this article.